Hi there! Thanks for coming back to visit!
This week's sketch challenge from Pals Paper Arts (PPA12) was so intriguing I just had to give it a shot. Big Shot, that is. So how many Big Shot dies were used to make this card?
If you answered five, you'd be correct! Working from the top layers down, here's the list: Flower Layers, Bigz XL Movers & Shapers card die with Movers & Shapers Modern Label Punch Window, Sizzix Circle #2 (not available through Stampin' Up!), and Bigz Scallop Circle #2. No time-consuming tracing and shape cutting; no nips and nicks from the micro-tip scissors; and no erasing pencil lines. PLUS, you can cut out multiples from most of the dies. It just doesn't get any better than that; especially this time of year when you're thinking about that long list of holiday cards you need to make. The Stampin' Up! Idea Book & Catalog and the Holiday Mini Catalog have photos of some great ideas for your holiday cards and you'll be seeing a few here in the coming weeks. Most of these projects use the Big Shot dies and/or embossing folders to simplify creation of the project; and in many cases, significantly enhance the overall eye-appeal. How cool is that?!?!
So, how are all the layers of this card assembled? Here are some specifics:
- All the edges of the papers and cardstocks on this card were sponged (or "flecked" with ink using a sponge). I have found that sponging will give your project that certain "something" that takes it from plain to interesting.
- Attach the vertical pieces of Razzleberry Lemonade to the Rich Razzleberry Textured cardstock base with SNAIL.
- The larger scallop from the Scallop Circle #2 die mats the Sizzix Circle #2 perfectly. Place the Razzleberry Lemonade circle on top of the Rich Razzleberry Textured cardstock scalloped circle with SNAIL and then onto the card front with SNAIL.
- Place the horizontal piece of Razzleberry Lemonade paper on the card front with SNAIL. The Modern Label punch window mats the Modern Label punch beautifully. Use SNAIL to adhere these layers. Stampin' Dimensionals were used to raise the label up from the horizontal Razzleberry Lemonade Designer Series Paper strip. Place the label at the center of the horizontal paper strip.
- To roll the edges of the flower layers, place a petal between your thumb and the long edge of the bone folder and gently roll the bone folder along the underside of the petal to roll the petals under OR along the top side of the petal to roll the petals up. Be careful, though; the more you do this the more the motion breaks down the bond between the layers of the cardstock. Eventually, you'll end up with a "frilly" edge.
- Place all the flower petals one on top of the other (from largest to smallest) on top of the foam mat and self-healing mat (Mat Stack) and pierce a hole in the center of the flower using the Paper Piercing tool. Remove the Paper Piercing tool and then insert the brad legs for the Yellow Circle Fire Rhinestone brad. Open the legs of the brad to set the brad. Then place a few Stampin' Dimensionals on the back of the flower. Finally, place the flower in the center of the circle of Razzleberry Lemonade Designer Series Paper.
- For the envelope, a piece of Razzleberry Lemonade paper is attached to the back flap with SNAIL and the edges are trimmed with Paper Snips. As with the card, the edges are sponged.
If you haven't tried the Big Shot, be sure to check out the Stampin' Up! videos on You Tube (look for the link on the left sidebar) and on the Stampin' Up! website. You'll be seeing more projects using the Big Shot on this blog, too; so be sure to check back in the weeks and months to come. I'm looking forward to your visit!
Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes; Classic Inks: Regal Rose, Rich Razzleberry; Designer Series Paper: Razzleberry Lemonade; Cardstock: Regal Rose, Rich Razzleberry Textured, Whisper White; Embellishments: Yellow Circle Fire Rhinestone brad; Adhesives: SNAIL, Stampin' Dimensionals; Tools: Bone Folder, Paper Snips, Paper Cutter/Scorer, Mat Stack, Modern Label punch, Big Shot, XL Cutting Plates, Standard Cutting Plates, Flower Layers die, Sizzix Circle #2 die (not available thru Stampin' Up!), Bigz Scallop Circle #2, Movers & Shapers Modern Label punch window, Movers & Shapers Curly Label die; Other: Medium Whisper White envelope